Cloud Computing Technologies and Security
To be advised
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension.
Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension.
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension.
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension.
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123.
This paper introduces you to the key topics in the important field of cloud computing and security. This paper explores cloud computing's underlying enabling technologies (e.g. virtualisation) and business models. The paper consists of (1) theory lectures that cover six domains of cloud computing technologies and security and (2) demo lectures that demonstrate cloud computing technologies. It also covers key research topics in cloud computing security and privacy.
This paper would like to credit the following industry programmes for their support:
- AWS for Education
- (ISC)2-CSA Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) Programme
Students who successfully complete the course should be able to:
Research and development
This paper will enable students' skill in research and development of cloud computing.Linked to the following assessments:
This paper will enable students to achieve an industry-aligned standard for cloud security expertise and enable their future organisations to benefit from the advantages of cloud computing while keeping sensitive data secure.Linked to the following assessments:
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0. There is no final exam. The final exam makes up 0% of the overall mark.
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0 or 0:0, whichever is more favourable for the student. The final exam makes up either 0% or 0% of the overall mark.
Error: Assessment components must add up to 100%
At least one Assessment Component needs to be entered
|Component Description||Due Date||Time||Percentage of overall mark||Submission Method||Compulsory|
|1. Assignment 1||
|2. Assignment 2||
|3. Homework 1||
|4. Homework 2||
|5. Homework 3||
|6. 4 Discussions||
Required and Recommended Readings*
- Adam Gordon, "The Official (ISC)2 Guide To The CCSP CBK", Second Edition, SYBEX, 2016
- Daniel Carter, "CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional All-in-One Exam Guide", McGraw-Hill Education, 2016
Recommended readings (relating to cloud services in Amazon Web Services)
- Overview of Amazon Web Services (AWS Whitepaper) , Amazon Web Services, 2018
- AWS Well-Architected Framework (AWS Whitepaper), Amazon Web Services, 2018
- Architecting for the AWS Cloud: Best Practices (AWS Whitepaper), Amazon Web Services, 2018
- Introduction to AWS Security (AWS Whitepaper) , Amazon Web Services, 2015
- Introduction to AWS Security Best Practice (AWS Whitepaper) , Amazon Web Services, 2016
- Amazon Web Services: Overview of Security Processes (AWS Whitepaper) , Amazon Web Services, 2017
Other recommended readings are topical and will be advised during each lecture.
2 hours - Lectures
10 hours - Assignments and Readings
Linkages to Other Papers*
Prerequisite papers: COMP301 and COMP312 or COMPX304 and a further 30 points at 300 level in Computer Science
Restricted papers: COMP427, COMP527