You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension.
Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension.
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension.
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension.
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123.
This is a Research based paper and the majority of interaction during this Semester will be with your appointed supervisor. A finance project topic will be discussed and agreed upon with your appointed supervisor. The paper convenor will assist with supervisor allocation.
Students who successfully complete the paper should be able to:
do the following:
Linked to the following assessments:
- Identify an appropriate topic
- Develop a pertinent research question or problem statement based on background research and literature review as necessary
- Collect and/or analyse data relevant to that research question or problem statement
- Draw recommendations or conclusions based on research conducted relevant to the original research question or problem statement
- Effectively communicate through a written report
- Effectively reflect on their own learning throughout the process of research
Late submission of any assessments will not be accepted and will not be marked unless there are grounds for special consideration which normally means health or bereavement.
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0. There is no final exam. The final exam makes up 0% of the overall mark.
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0 or 0:0, whichever is more favourable for the student. The final exam makes up either 0% or 0% of the overall mark.
Error: Assessment components must add up to 100%
At least one Assessment Component needs to be entered
|Component Description||Due Date||Time||Percentage of overall mark||Submission Method||Compulsory|
|1. Submission of draft project for feedback||
7 Feb 2021
|2. Submit Final Project||
17 Feb 2021
No set time
Required and Recommended Readings*
Required readings as per discussion with Supervisor.
- The Library: http://www.waikato.ac.nz/library/
- Cengage: http://login.cengage.com
- New Zealand Herald: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin: http://www.rbnz.govt.nz/research_and_publications/reserve_bank_bulletin
- International Monetary Fund: http://www.imf.org
- Business Spectator: http://www.businessspectator.com.au
- Bloomberg (Global): www.bloomberg.com
- Morningstar: http://www.morningstar.com.au/
- The Wall Street Journal (US): http://asia.wsj.com/home-page
- The Financial Times (UK): http://www.ft.com/home/asia
The official website for this paper is Moodle
For technical difficulty, contact WMS IT Helpdesk: email@example.com.
Estimated time involved:
- Preparing for individual research project, including 8-10 hours of reading and information recording each week
- Preparing the draft project document - writing up, referencing - 72 hours
- Finalising the project document ensuring all sources are clearly referenced and spelling/grammar is checked - 36 hours
Linkages to Other Papers*
Acceptance into the Master of Applied Finance programme.