Religion and Political Violence
To be advised
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension.
Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension.
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension.
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension.
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123.
Students who successfully complete the course should be able to:
Linked to the following assessments:
- understand the issues that political authority and violence raise for the Christian religion.
- understand the principal concerns of political thinkers in the Christian tradition.
- understand the ideas, arguments and methods of theorising employed by these thinkers.
- engage critically with the works of major thinkers and to be able to explain their arguments.
- provide a critical assessment of these thinkers' arguments in a coherent, structured, and informed manner.
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0. There is no final exam. The final exam makes up 0% of the overall mark.
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0 or 0:0, whichever is more favourable for the student. The final exam makes up either 0% or 0% of the overall mark.
Error: Assessment components must add up to 100%
At least one Assessment Component needs to be entered
|Component Description||Due Date||Time||Percentage of overall mark||Submission Method||Compulsory|
|1. Reading Exercises - first three||
11 Jan 2019
|2. Reading Exercises - remaining ten||
12 Feb 2019
|3. Final Exercise||
12 Feb 2019
Required and Recommended Readings*
Linkages to Other Papers*
Restricted papers: POLS300