You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension.
Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension.
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension.
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension.
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123.
The process of enrolling in the paper involves developing a research proposal in consultation with a staff member of the Political Science and Public Policy Programme. A proposal should include a:
- Title of the study.
- Brief outline of the topic or research question and the literature, field or discipline/s on which the study draws.
- Statement about the significance of the proposed study.
- Brief description of the proposed methodology,
- Outline of any relevant ethical issues, questions, or problems.
- Timeframe for the research.
- A short bibliography.
Once the proposal is approved and the enrolment confirmed, the student will carry out the study under the supervision of the staff member
Students who successfully complete the paper should be able to:
Understand the process of proposal writing
Students undertaking a POLSC390 will develop skills in writing a research proposal, including developing a research question, considering ethical implications, and constructing a plan for completing the proposed research within the available timeframe.Linked to the following assessments:
Carry out a literature review
Students will develop skills in surveying and reviewing academic and other literature related to their research topicLinked to the following assessments:
Work independently in carrying out research
Students will develop skills in conducting detailed, focused research in political science, public policy, international relations or
security studies.Linked to the following assessments:
Think critically and write accurately
Students will develop the ability to think critically and write accurately and cogently.Linked to the following assessments:
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0. There is no final exam. The final exam makes up 0% of the overall mark.
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0 or 0:0, whichever is more favourable for the student. The final exam makes up either 0% or 0% of the overall mark.
Error: Assessment components must add up to 100%
At least one Assessment Component needs to be entered
|Component Description||Due Date||Time||Percentage of overall mark||Submission Method||Compulsory|
|1. Assessments as agreed between student and supervisor||
4 Jun 2021
Required and Recommended Readings*
Linkages to Other Papers*
Restricted papers: POLS390