Negotiating Sport Development and Coaching Contexts
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension.
Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension.
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension.
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension.
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123.
The paper involves one lecture content and online activities equivalent to four hours per week. Content and activities will be fully online for students to participate in.
This paper will involve a combination of lectures (delivered via screencasts) and online activities. Students are expected to complete readings in order to be able to contribute to discussions as part of in-class work.
Students who successfully complete the course should be able to:
Negotiating sport development and coaching contexts
Linked to the following assessments:
- Extend your understanding of sport coaching as it relates to a variety of contexts.
- Describe, theorise and analyse the foundations of sport coaching.
- Recognise the influence of the wider context in which coaching is embedded.
- Reflect on, and apply the theories, concepts and skills required to fulfil the coaching role.
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0. There is no final exam. The final exam makes up 0% of the overall mark.
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0 or 0:0, whichever is more favourable for the student. The final exam makes up either 0% or 0% of the overall mark.
Error: Assessment components must add up to 100%
At least one Assessment Component needs to be entered
|Component Description||Due Date||Time||Percentage of overall mark||Submission Method||Compulsory|
|1. Reflective Portfolio||
3 Apr 2020
|2. Understanding Sport Coaching: A Video Case Study||
6 May 2020
|3. Scenario analysis and response||
5 Jun 2020
Required and Recommended Readings*
Readings are accessible from the Library reading list for SDCOA202 (Talis Aspire).
It is strongly recommended that students engage with required readings, as these will form the basis for many in-class tasks and discussions.
Linkages to Other Papers*
Prerequisites: A minimum of 60 points at 100 level.