Topics in Statistics
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension.
Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension.
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension.
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension.
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123.
This paper can cover a wide variety of specialised Statistics topics with the guidance of the lecturers. The topics actually covered will be decided by the lecturer after consultation with the student.
Students who successfully complete the paper should be able to:
Gain a deeper understanding of their chosen topic
Linked to the following assessments:
Students will complete a project that may include a written report and a presentation of their work through the trimester.
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0. There is no final exam. The final exam makes up 0% of the overall mark.
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0 or 0:0, whichever is more favourable for the student. The final exam makes up either 0% or 0% of the overall mark.
Error: Assessment components must add up to 100%
At least one Assessment Component needs to be entered
|Component Description||Due Date||Time||Percentage of overall mark||Submission Method||Compulsory|
|1. Individual Project||
11 Jun 2021
No set time
Required and Recommended Readings*
Linkages to Other Papers*
Admission is at the discretion of the Convenor of Statistics.
Restricted papers: STAT425, STAT525