Entrepreneurship, Theory and Practice
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension.
Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension.
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension.
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension.
Entrepreneurship and new venture creation provide a major impetus for economic growth and development. This paper introduces the key issues and questions relating to the theoretical perspectives on entrepreneurship. The latest research on entrepreneurship will be discussed and critically evaluated. The course sessions will combine interactive lecturer and student facilitated seminars, incorporating discussion and debate, participative inquiry, experiential learning and reflection. There will be several guest speaker entrepreneurs brought in to provide a strong industry-research nexus.
Students who successfully complete the paper should be able to:
1. Lead a critical discussion on a topic within entrepreneurship.
2. Demonstrate an understanding and competence in several theoretical areas within entrepreneurship
3. Synthesise theoretical concepts on entrepreneurship with field data to write a report
4. Demonstrate the ability to work as a team to achieve assigned in-class and written requirements of this paperLinked to the following assessments:
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0. There is no final exam. The final exam makes up 0% of the overall mark.
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0 or 0:0, whichever is more favourable for the student. The final exam makes up either 0% or 0% of the overall mark.
Error: Assessment components must add up to 100%
At least one Assessment Component needs to be entered
|Component Description||Due Date||Time||Percentage of overall mark||Submission Method||Compulsory|
|1. Literature Review||
10 May 2022
|2. My Entrepreneurial Path (Journal)||
24 May 2022
|3. Team Report||
13 Jun 2022
|4. Seminar Presentation||
Required and Recommended Readings*
See Moodle folder for readings list
Linkages to Other Papers*
Restricted papers: STMG524 or STMGT524