Te Whariki in Action: Agents of Change
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension.
Extensions starting with 4, 5, 9 or 3 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension.
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension.
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension.
- For extensions starting with 3: dial +64 7 2620 + the last 3 digits of the extension e.g. 3123 = +64 7 262 0123.
This is a 15 credit paper and therefore involves a total of 150 learning hours
At 300 level there is an expectation that students will have a total of 36 contact hours
The paper is taught online and is inclusive of students' final Professional Experience TEPRO 300
Students who successfully complete the paper should be able to:
Demonstrate the following Learning Outcomes
Linked to the following assessments:
- Build on their understanding and skills in relation to reflective practice and its contemporary location within early childhood education self review and internal evaluation.
- Demonstrate an applied understanding of contemporary ECE self-review process in Aotearoa NZ
- Identify an area of pedagogical practice for improvement, based on real-life experiences in ECE, and locate it within curriculum, policy, theory and research
- Show well developed systematic analytical and interpretative skills in identifying, generating and analysing data as evidence to inform an evaluation of their practice
- Articulate a plan for improvement that draws on a detailed evaluation of practice
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0. There is no final exam. The final exam makes up 0% of the overall mark.
The internal assessment/exam ratio (as stated in the University Calendar) is 100:0 or 0:0, whichever is more favourable for the student. The final exam makes up either 0% or 0% of the overall mark.
Error: Assessment components must add up to 100%
At least one Assessment Component needs to be entered
|Component Description||Due Date||Time||Percentage of overall mark||Submission Method||Compulsory|
|1. Assessment 1: Plan: Implementing Te Whāriki||
24 Jul 2022
|2. Assessment 2 - Poster or Presentation and 1000 word reflection||
28 Oct 2022
|3. Assessment 3: Reflection on being an agent of change||
11 Nov 2022
Required and Recommended Readings*
Some required and some optional readings are available electronically via the Reading List for TEACH302.
The required readings for the paper are available on Talis at (https://rl.talis.com/3/waikato/lists/E4121709-46A3-CA85-45F4-560103B7852F.html?lang=en-GB&login=1). This reading list can also be accessed via the Reading List tab on Moodle or the Reading list tab on the library homepage.
PLEASE NOTE: Moodle is used for class notices (Announcements). It is your responsibility to check the site regularly and read the Moodle email notifications. Instructions provided in this way on Moodle and in lectures are whole class notices.
This is a Level 3 paper worth 15 points towards your degree and University regulations stipulate an expected total workload of 150 hours. Students should engage with online material as well as 'out-of-class' work each week (including additional reading, preparation of assignments, online tasks etc). Keep these expectations in mind, and organise your study time effectively.
Linkages to Other Papers*
Restricted papers: TEPS210